During your initial consulttion, the surgeon will listen to your account of the problem and ask a number of questions. He will examine you, and review any X-rays or other test results that you have.
Next the surgeon will give you his opinion and recommendations. In some cases, you will be reassured and no further investigation or treatment will be required. In other cases, there will be some tests, and in others, the next step will be a biopsy, an operation, or other treatment. You will have the opportunity to ask questions to be sure you understand.
If an operation is needed, Mr Bickford will explain the specific procedure, help you understand what it involves, and explain the risks and benefits. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. You will also be given a specific breakdown of any out of pocket costs involved by our helpful staff.
On your first visit please remember to bring the following
- Referral Letter (GP, Doctor or Physio)
- X Rays, MRI or CT scans
- Medical and Family History
- Copies of Pathology Reports
- List of current medications
- Allergies to pharmaceuticals or other
- Relevant Journal, Exercise or Travel Plans
- Medicare card, DVA card, pension card
- Private Hospital Insurance details
- Driver’s license or valid ID
- If work related - Employer’s Letter